Off to a flying start: Fronius IG TL awarded test verdict of A
Fronius IG TL, the first transformerless inverter from Fronius, was tested by the European PV trade magazine Photon immediately after its launch; the product has meanwhile established itself well in the market. Fronius has now received the very pleasing results and associated certification: the product earned a verdict of A ('Very Good') for aspects including efficiency, ease of use and weight.
Testing was performed on a Fronius IG TL 5.0 with a nominal AC power output of 4600 W. The inverter was subjected to an exhaustive programme of tests and evaluations in the laboratories of trade magazine Photon. The test report rated the following particularly highly:
- The clear, production-friendly layout of the device enables the engineer to work easily and cleanly.
- Separating the connections area and the power module area makes the inverter much easier to install and to maintain, and reduces the assembled weight of the device.
- The comprehensive and informative operating instructions provide first-rate assistance during installation and commissioning.
- The housing features IP 55 protection, which makes it suitable for a wide variety of installation locations.
- Very good results obtained at lower voltages: maximum conversion efficiency of 98 %.
- Update system uses a USB stick to update the inverter to the very latest software version in just a few simple steps.
- A highly informative display allows a large amount of data to be displayed clearly and legibly.
The report concluded with a summary that rated the Fronius IG TL as a light and easy-to-use inverter boasting a level of efficiency that PHOTON described as 'Very Good'. The fact that the Fronius IG TL can be used with all types of module - including thin-layer modules that do not have to be grounded - was again highlighted as a positive characteristic.
Click on the link to the right under the picture to download the complete test report.