Save trough the shutdown - Battery care during the Covid-19 crisis
- Keep an eye on the water level: check the electrolyte level after charging and top it up with battery grade water.
- Be aware of the right match: Select and use batteries of proper capacity. Match the battery to the correct charger based on the Fronius operation instructions.
- To avoid a damage of your chargers, it’s necessary to recharge the battery daily. Fronius chargers have a special conservation charge, which charges the battery independently.
- During the shutdown it’s also necessary to check the condition of charging plug, socket and cable to avoid damages.
- Battery charging room should be always well ventilated with air exhaust system. Degassing can also occur during a shutdown.
- Never leave the battery in a discharged state for more than a day. Fronius chargers have a special conservation charge, which charges the battery independently.
- Do not maintain electrolyte level high above the bucket level.
- Avoid naked flames, sparks and smoking near a battery.
- Don’t remove the cell vent plugs from the cells when charging.
- Any necessary charger settings or repair should be done only by qualified personnel.