FREE WARRANTY EXTENSION FOR END CUSTOMERS FOR PRODUCT REGISTRATION OF FRONIUS SELECTIVA 4.0 CHARGER IN THE PERFORMANCE CLASSES 2-30kW AND SELECTION CHARGER IN THE PERFORMANCE CLASSES 3-30kW
The present warranty terms apply to a Fronius online product registration of a Fronius Selectiva 4.0 and Selection charger for the registered device. End customers as the final buyers of the device are to be understood as end consumers or as commercial end customers. Retailers and resellers are excluded from this warranty extension.
When registering Fronius Selectiva 4.0 or Selection chargers, the end customer receives a 5-year warranty. The warranty extension can only be applied for within a maximum of 12 months from the date of purchase. The free warranty extension shall apply from the date of the sales contract or the invoice date (documents are to be uploaded) subject to the following conditions:
Only the end customer of the product shall be entitled to receive this warranty extension, other persons shall have no entitlement.
In the event of a warranty case (if a defect should become apparent), the following costs shall be covered for a total of 5 years:
- Material: Fronius shall provide the claimant with a replacement component free of charge.
- Transport: Fronius does not cover any shipping or transport costs.
- Service: Fronius shall assume the costs of the working time associated with the removal and installation of the replacement part if these services are carried out by Fronius or a third party commissioned by Fronius. Fronius does not cover other costs such as travel expenses, assembly costs, custom duties.
Scope of application:
The warranty extension shall apply exclusively to the following components of the charger:
- Charger according to purchase agreement
- Accessories installed at the factory in the device according to the purchase agreement
The following components shall be excluded from the warranty extension:
- Spare parts, replacement parts
- Used equipment
- Wear parts
Warranty / warranty exclusions
The current Terms of Payment and Delivery of Fronius, which can be found on our website at www.fronius.com, shall apply. In particular, warranty claims are excluded in cases where:
- the installation or operating instructions and instruction manuals provided by Fronius or to be requested by the Customer have not been observed or if the user has not been obligated to observe such instructions,
- the installation work has not been performed properly and in accordance with the relevant standards, and in particular, if it was not carried out by licensed contractors,
- maintenance or other work has been performed on the object of delivery or service without our consent,
- it has been improperly operated or used, or operated despite its protective features being faulty, or taken out of the contract territory without our consent, or used contrary to the instructions of Fronius or for purposes for which it is not intended, and moreover, where defects are attributable to external influences, chemical influences, overvoltage, the conduct of third parties or to force majeure,
- natural wear-and-tear occurs,
- Fronius has been contracted to carry out repair-orders, to alter or modify used items or to supply such items,
- the Customer installs third-party components or replacement parts in our delivery items or services provided by us which have not been expressly recommended by Fronius,
- third-party or replica parts are used.
Devices or components must be returned in their original packaging or equivalent packaging. Within the warranty, the ownership of the defective device or the defective parts passes to Fronius upon receipt of the replacement device or parts.
To qualify for the Fronius warranty, the warranty certificate and the invoice for the registered Fronius battery charging system must be submitted.
The end customer shall be responsible for the burden of proof throughout the period that the defect was present at the time of the handover.
Fronius is entitled to use the services of third parties to fulfill the warranty claim. For this purpose, Fronius is entitled to disclose the necessary data (e.g.: serial number, customer contact details and the like) to these third parties. For further information, we refer you to the privacy statement, available on the Internet at www.fronius.com
Additional information on data protection:
a) name and contact details of the controller: Fronius International GmbH Froniusstraße 1, 4643 Pettenbach; Austria, Tel. +43 (0) 7242 241 – 0; E-Mail: email@example.com;
b) Purpose of the processing: Warranty extension;
c) Legal basis: Contract & legitimate interest of the controller;
d) Recipient: Exclusively the controller and the Fronius Group and its representatives, general agents and distribution partners.
e) Transfer to third country: to the aforementioned recipient worldwide
f) Duration/erasure: Processing and storage for the duration of the contract and possibly legal or regulatory requirements exceeding the above. Subsequent complete erasure.
a) Access to personal data about you that is processed by us;
b) Rectification of your personal data in the case of incorrectness or incompleteness;
c) Restriction of the personal data, where certain conditions are fulfilled, particularly in case of considerable suspicion of unlawful processing or contradiction;
d) Data portability of your personal data in a common, structured and machine-readable format;
e) Erasure of your personal data in the case of any existing legal reasons;
f) Right to object to the processing of personal information concerning you for reasons relating to your particular situation;
g) Revocation of your consent to the processing of your personal data; and
h) Complaint to us, if you believe that we are unlawfully processing your personal data. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority in Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna.
This warranty extension can be concluded only in the following countries:Austria, Brazil, Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom. The conclusion of a warranty extension is excluded in all other countries.
This warranty extension is concluded with Fronius International GmbH, based at Froniusstrasse 1, 4643 Pettenbach, Austria. The application of Austrian law shall be deemed agreed upon. The application of international private law, international reference norms and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Wels, Austria.