The history of Fronius begins in 1945. At that time, charging car batteries was not something that could be taken for granted. Günter Fronius was unwilling to accept this. To begin with, he repaired electrical appliances and he built his first charger using 50 Hz technology. An old army hut in Rankleiten near Pettenbach, where the Fronius family lived at the time, was the first company headquarters for this “specialist repair workshop for radios and electrical engineering”. With a small workshop next to the living quarters and his first employee Andreas Schinker, Günter Fronius laid the foundations for a global company.
HOW IT ALL BEGAN: FROM A ONE-MAN OPERATION TO A GLOBAL INNOVATOR
SHAPING THE FUTURE
The geographical and technological expansion strategy introduced by Brigitte Strauß and Klaus Fronius is still being pursued today. Fronius is now represented by subsidiaries in over 28 countries and by sales partners and representatives in over 60 countries, and is a recognised innovation and technology leader. Since 2011, Fronius has been led by the granddaughter of the company founder, Elisabeth Engelbrechtsmüller-Strauß. However, the companys goal remains the same as ever: to create a sustainable future through innovation, quality and a first-rate service.