THE MOST COST-EFFECTIVE WAY TO WELD
With CMT Twin, Fronius combines two independently functioning arc-welding processes into one single process. This novel twin-wire solution lets users exploit two Cold Metal Transfer (CMT) processes, or combine a CMT process with a GMA pulse welding process, all within one single system. The setup consists of two power sources, one welding torch and two separate contact tips. This innovative process technology ensures an extremely stable arc from the start of welding to the filling of the end-crater and makes it possible to weld thin sheets at high speed with minimal spatter, deep penetration and optimised weld-seam formation.
A WEALTH OF BENEFITS FOR THE USER
- When using this welding process, the perfect droplet detachment typical of the CMT process produces low-spatter welding results, while the welding speed or deposition rate can be doubled as required. CMT Twin also has huge potential for welding on steel with CO2 shielding gas. Exceptional results are also achieved when joining all other materials using CMT Twin.
- CMT Twin offers characteristics that are perfectly tailored to every application. For example, excellent results are achieved on extremely thick materials when welded with the “Heavy Duty” characteristic
- CMT Twin Speed is superbly well-suited to thin gauge sheets and very high welding speeds
- The extremely robust, high-performance Twin Compact Pro welding torch provides easy access to the components. Welding torch packages perfectly tailored to every application are also available. The compact design of this water-cooled torch, with its two isolated electrodes, makes it easy to access the component
- The VR 1550 wirefeeder with 4-roller drive ensures precise, smooth transport of the filler metal
- Developed specifically for CMT Twin, the torch holder allows the two drive motors to be arranged in a way that minimises obstacle contours
- CMT Twin is designed for automated and robot applications