Find out more about the compatibility of inverters and storage devices.Overview of compatibility
Fronius GEN24 Plus with BYD Battery-Box Premium HVS/HVM
The BYD Battery-Box Premium HVS/HVM is the successor of the BYD Battery Box HV. The BYD Box Premium Line is compatible with GEN24 Plus (HVS/HVM) and Symo Hybrid (HVM). The capacities of the batteries range from 5.1–10.2 kWh (HVS) and 8.3-22.1 kWh (HVM). Fronius has once again achieved true grid back-up, with the BYD Battery-Box Premium HVS/HVM. This means that even three-phase loads can be used in a grid back-up situation.
/ During commissioning, make sure to set up the BYD using the BeConnect App first, then afterwards commission the GEN24 Plus.
/ The BYD battery should always be turned on before the inverter.
Turning the system off:
- Battery OFF: Hold the power button on the front at least 5 seconds.
- Inverter OFF: Switch off the DC-side (rotary switch on the inverter) and the AC-side (circuit breaker).
- Leave the components off for at least 30 seconds. The LEDs of the inverter and battery must be completely off.
Turning the system on:
1. Battery ON: Switch on the battery fuses. If you're unable to switch on the fuses, hold the power button for 5 seconds and try again.
2. Inverter ON: Switch on the DC-side (rotary switch on the inverter) and the AC-side (circuit breaker).
Further information on this storage solution and its backup feature can be found in the Fronius GEN24 Plus Product Guide.