Manufacturing, logistics, field service management, and corporate services are among those areas at Fronius where employees cannot work from home due to the nature of their work. They continue to travel to our sites, which is why we have implemented a number of enhanced safety and protection measures – because our employees’ health and wellbeing are always our top priorities.
- As many employees as possible are working from home so that those who have to work at Fronius locations are less vulnerable to possible contagion.
- General access ban for non-Fronius employees at all locations.
- Reduction in the number of shifts in manufacturing plants to avoid overlaps between shifts.
- Company restaurants are currently closed and staff working at Fronius premises are being provided with a free lunch.
- Use of confined locker rooms is no longer permitted.Cleaning regime has been intensified and only disinfecting cleaning agents are being used.
- Sanitizer is being provided for employees.Essential training is being conducted exclusively via live videos.
» We are currently able to maintainoperations at a high level of capacity. This will allow us to continue toguarantee the best possible service for our customers and to secure all jobs. «
Wherever possible, our employees are currently working from home, both in Austria and at our international locations. The group-wide number of home office workers has thus increased to around 3,000 people. The new situation is unusual and poses unprecedented challenges to a corporate culture based on human interaction and especially to the technology professionals of our IT department. And yet this measure is important, as it will reduce the risk of possible contagion for those who continue to work directly at the Fronius sites.
Our initial experience has shown that we are also sticking together despite the physical distance and working on the strategic development of Fronius. An average of 3,800 Skype meetings per day for regular meetings as well as project kick-offs speak volumes in this respect.
In addition to the newly established forms of internal communication, we are also maintaining intensive external contact via various digital channels. Our sales and technical support teams are fully available to customers through phone and e-mail, while our HR staff are always on hand for any questions about career opportunities at Fronius.