A USB software update is possible on the following Fronius inverters:
- Fronius Galvo
- Fronius Symo
- Fronius Primo
- Fronius Eco
- Fronius IG TL
To update the software version of the inverter, proceed as follows:
- Download the required firmware file from the Download Center:
- Enter the name of the inverter (e.g. Symo, Primo, Eco) and check “Firmware” in the filter.
- Copy the froXXXXX.upd file to an empty USB flash drive. This must be in FAT32 format.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the inverter’s USB interface. Note: Remove the lower cover of the inverter to do so.
- Start the update via the inverter display under “Setup --> USB à Software update”.
- The currently installed firmware version and the new firmware version of the inverter are now displayed under “Software update” if the USB flash drive has been inserted in the inverter. Press Enter again (fourth key from the left) to start the software update.
Note: please do not remove the USB flash drive during the update process!