FAQ - Solar.web Solar Energy
In this video we show you how to create a Fronius user account.Watch the video
Please send details of the error message you have received and the e-mail address you would like to use for your user account to our customer services. Please get in touch with us via our contact form.
- Have you already added your PV system to Fronius Solar.web? If not, please download the Fronius Solar.start app from the relevant app store. You will then be guided through the process step by step. Alternatively, go to Fronius Solar.web and select "Add your PV system" on the main screen. As soon as your PV system has been added and is sending data to Fronius Solar.web, the device will also be displayed and you will then be able to register it.
- If you have already added your PV system, it is possible that you have been assigned guest rights for monitoring your system. The inverters associated with a PV system are only displayed if you have supervisor or owner rights.
The PV system should automatically be added to Solar.web while commissioning the inverter. If that is not the case and you want to add the system manually afterwards, you will find all the information in this videoWatch the video
I entered some incorrect information when registering for Fronius Solar.web. Can I change this later?
Why do I need to contact customer services using the e-mail address that I used to register my user account?
I have no longer access to the e-mail address that I used to register for Fronius Solar.web. How can I change this?
Fronius Solar.web Premium
I’m not able to activate the weather and yield forecast, even though I ordered the premium membership?
- Warranty extensions for your Fronius inverter can only be purchased if the unit is still within the warranty cover period and if the maximum cover period of 20 years has not been exceeded.
- Only warranty extensions for our Snap-inverter range are offered.
- The selection of available warranty extension options did not open automatically? Maintenance work might be in progress. Please retry again later. Should the problem persist please contact our customer service utilising our contact form. Your e-mail address which is linked to your account must be provided.
- If a Service Process which is related to your inverter is still open, you will not be able to finalise the warranty extension process. You will be able to purchase the warranty extension as soon as the Service Process has been completed. Thank you for your patience.
- For detailed information on available warranty models, see Fronius Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Do I have to sign up in order to be able to claim my free of charge warranty extension or purchase a warranty extension?
Your Fronius inverter comes with the Fronius Warranty Plus which you can extend. In order to extend the warranty period you need to sign in to your account and register the Fronius inverter. Once your registration is completed you will be offered various options for the extension of your Fronius inverter. This link may be helpful for the registration process.
My inverter has been installed in another country. Can I still register for the free of charge and/or purchase a warranty extension for this unit?
Since the BYD battery isn’t a Fronius product, it can’t be registered in the Solar.web portal.
Payment and invoice
The prices for a Fronius warranty or Fronius Solar.web Premium do not reflect the correct tax. What can I do?
Fronius System Extensions
For Wattpilot data to be displayed in Solar.web, ensure the following:
- The Wattpilot (as well as your inverter) must be added to your PV system in Solar.web in the tab "Settings" - "Components". If this tab is not visible, please ask your installer to assign you "Owner" or "Supervisor" rights for your PV system.
- The Wattpilot requires firmware version 36.0 or higher. You can update your Wattpilot in the Solar.wattpilot app in the tab "Internet".
- The Wattpilot needs to be paired with your inverter. Go to the tab "Settings" - "Cost Optimization" in the Solar.wattpilot app to pair your Wattpilot with an inverter.
- If the paired inverter is a GEN24 or Tauro, firmware version 1.23 or higher is required. You can update your inverter in Solar.web in the tab "Settings" - "Components".
- Both the Wattpilot and the paired inverter must be connected to the internet.